Final Fantasy NES Walkthrough
Switch to Origins version.
1. Walk to the Temple of Fiends and defeat Garland. speak with Sara to return to Coneria Castle. Speak with Sara in the castle to receive the LUTE.
2. Cross the new bridge and walk east to Pravoka. Speak with Bikke the Pirate and defeat his crew to obtain the SHIP.
The Sleeping Prince
3. Sail to Elfland. Walk west from Elfland to the Marsh Cave. On the bottom level of the Marsh Cave you'll find the CROWN. Leave the Marsh Cave and walk north to the Northwest Castle.
4. Speak with the "King" to give him the CROWN. Defeat ASTOS to recieve the CRYSTAL.
5. Take the CRYSTAL to Matoya, north of Coneria, to receive the HERB.
6. Give the HERB to Elfland's sleeping prince to revive him and receive the mystic KEY.
7. In Coneria Castle use the mystic KEY to unlock a door behind which you'll find the TNT.
8. Take the TNT to the Dwarf Cave and give it to the dwarf near the southern tunnel to blow open a canal.
The ORB of Earth
9. Sail west to Melmond. Walk south to the Earth Cave fight the VAMPIRE. In the chest behind him you'll find the RUBY.
10. Leave the Earth Cave and walk west to the Titan's Tunnel. Give the RUBY to the Titan and continue through to Sarda's Cave. Speak with Sarda to receive the ROD.
11. Return to the Earth Cave, past the VAMPIRE's room and use the ROD on the steel plate to continue your descent. Defeat LICH to restore light to the ORB of Earth.
12. Sail to Crescent Lake and speak with the Circle of Sages to get the CANOE.
The ORB of Fire
13.* Paddle your way to Gurgu Volcano and defeat KARY to restore light to the ORB of Fire.
14.* Go to the Ice Cave to find the FLOATER. Take the FLOATER to the desert south of Crescent Lake to uncover the AIRSHIP.
15.* Fly (or sail) to the Castle of Ordeals and find the TAIL. Take the tail to BAHAMUT in the caves of the Cardia Islands to get the CLASS CHANGE.
The ORB of Water
16. Purchase the BOTTLE at the Caravan. Use the BOTTLE to release the Fairy inside. Go to Gaia and speak with the Fairy to recieve the OXYALE.
17. Go to Onrac, and descend into the Sunken Shrine. On one extreme of the Sunken Shrine, find the SLAB and on the other defeat KRAKEN to restore the light of the ORB of Water.
The ORB of Wind
18. In Melmond, speak with Dr. Unne (with the SLAB) to learn to speak Lefeinish. Head to Lefein and receive the CHIME.
19. North of Onrac, go to the Waterfall and make your way to the end to get the CUBE.
20. Fly to the Mirage Tower, using the CHIME and CUBE to enter and proceed to the Floating Castle.
21. Find ADAMANT in the Floating Castle and then defeat TIAMAT and restore the light to the ORB of Wind.
22. In the Dwarf Cave, give the ADAMANT to the smith to obtain Xcalber.
23. Return to the Temple of Fiends and use the black ORB to go back in time.
24. Make your way through the maze-like Temple of Fiends of the past and defeat CHAOS, ending the 2000-year time loop!
* These can be done in any order. As a matter of fact, once you have the AIRSHIP you can defeat KARY, KRAKEN, and TIAMAT in basically any order.