Final Fantasy III - Job System Improvement
My first major assembly hack for an NES game is done!
This is for Final Fantasy III for the Famicom/NES. Download it here or at ROMHacking.net here!
Here's what it does!
- Removing "Capacity Points"
- Makes changing jobs cost 0 CP.
- Removes the “Gained CP” message at the end of battle.
- Removes the “# CP” window from the Main Menu and from the Job Menu.
- Replace CP Cost with Skill Level
- Removes the CP Costs listed on the Job menu and shows the Job Skill Level instead.
- Automatically Remove Equipment When Changing Jobs
- Removes the “Removed” message shown when you remove a character’s equipment.
- Automatically un-equips a character’s gear when you choose a new job.
- Double-checks that their gear has been removed before switching their job. If your inventory was full you’ll get the standard “You must remove equipment…” message and your job won’t change.
- Gets rid of the Yes/No prompt when choosing a job.